Parker Software Ltd Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > IISTools > IISPassword > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

IISPassword not even loaded

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New User
New User

Post Options Post Options   Quote dw4817 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IISPassword not even loaded
    Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 7:32pm
Hi,

I found IISPassword and wanted to evaluate it, because we are looking for a .htaccess-solution for several IIS 6 machines.

The installation was without any problems and the configuration properly displays the "IISPassword"-tab. I then tried to set up a protected directory on one of the virtual webs and create a test account. The files ".htaccess" and ".htpasswd" have been written properly, but I still don't get asked for a password when trying to access the protected directory.

A check at the ISAPI-filter-configuration showed me, that IISPasswordFilter.dll seems not to be loaded. The filter's state is "unknown". I activated access to all unknown ISAPI-filters, started FileMon to see if there are any NTFS-security-problems when loading the filter-DLL or the .ht*-files and restarted IIS, but IISPasswordFilter.dll doesn't even show up in FileMon as being accessed (or tried to, no NTFS-security-problems show up).

Do you know about my problem and a solution?

Bye,
Daniel
 Post Reply Post Reply