Parker Software Ltd Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > WhosOn Visitor Tracking & Live Chat > iPhone Client
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

iPad encoding problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New User
New User

Post Options Post Options   Quote Victor Vaughn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: iPad encoding problems
    Posted: 15 May 2011 at 12:19am
Hi.
On my site, Russian visitors often come and  want to talk with an operatoronline. At the chat everything is great, they ask their questions (in Russian) and are waiting for an answer. But as soon as the operator (using ipad) tries to answer them in Russian, the  Whoson application displays a message: "Connection time out" and connectin lost. What is it and how to solve this problem?
PS In other languages ​​all ok.
Victor Vaughn View Drop Down
New User
New User

Post Options Post Options   Quote Victor Vaughn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2011 at 1:13pm
I use Whoson 2011 Q2 installable, iOS version 4.3.3. What can i do to use my Whoson App correctly in Russian language? All messages from visitors from Russia display correct, but when i answer in Russian - there is an error "Connection error: This request timed out - this could be caused by an incorrect "Server" address in the settings". I don`t understand why it happens, because all other applications (Silverlight and installable Whoson Client) work fine. And only iPad client do not support when i write in Russian.
Daniel Horton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Technical Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Daniel Horton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2011 at 5:25pm
Hi Victor,

Thank you for your information.

I have created a ticket for this and passed this information through to our development team. I believe we will need to run an update to the iPhone application to allow the use of Russian characters within the chat area of the application.

Best Regards,

Daniel James Horton
Technical Manager
Parker Software
New User
New User

Post Options Post Options   Quote Victor Vaughn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2011 at 5:51pm
Hi,
thanks for quick reply!
Let me know when and how i can download new version of Whoson App. Because it`s really important for me and my business. I`m really interested in using your great product, and want to intergrate it to my clients using iPads and iPhone. Thanks
New User
New User

Post Options Post Options   Quote Victor Vaughn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2011 at 8:17pm
Hi guys, may be it`ss off topic, but!
Today i`ve tested your Linux Client and i saw that it has the same problems as iPad. There are troubles with sending Russian chars in chat to visitor. And the behaviour is the same - application simply close. May be you can solve this problem too?

Regards, Victor
New User
New User

Post Options Post Options   Quote Victor Vaughn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2011 at 8:20pm
I try it on Ubuntu 10.10, get some troubles with installing client (there wasn`t some libs as libbotan1.6 and something more), but i solve it. And all phrases or name of site in Russian didnt look correct. There are problems with encoding. It`s really bad for me and my russian clients. Help please, i`m ready for testing)
 Post Reply Post Reply