Parker Software Ltd Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > WhosOn Visitor Tracking & Live Chat > FAQ's > Advanced FAQ's
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Floating Click to Chat Icon

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Technical Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote James Horton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Floating Click to Chat Icon
    Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 9:28am
We have been having requests for a floating live chat link in the browser window when a visitor is viewing your site, that follows the visitor's scrolling of the page.

This is possible using CSS and we have a sample piece of code that can be placed into the HTML's Body at the bottom of the document.

For this to work you will need to make sure that you have an image which is suitable to be presented in the side of your webpage as a floating item. Typically items that are small on width and greater in height. You will also need to make sure that you have set Display Nothing When Offline in your Visitor Chat settings of Site Properties. 

You will need to set the physical dimensions of the image here in the width and height areas:

<div id="liveHelp" style="position: fixed;right: 0px;top: 60px;width: 43px;height: 157px;"> 
Here is the code you will need:

<!-- Start of embedded WhosOn -->       
<div id="liveHelp" style="position: fixed;right: 0px;top: 60px;width: 43px;height: 157px;">

<a id='whoson_chat_link'></a>

</div>

<script type='text/javascript' src='https://gatewaytest.whoson.com/include.js?domain=www.test.com'></script>

<script type='text/javascript' >

function sWOImLoadOvr() {

sWOChatElement.href=sWOChatstart;sWOChatElement.target = "_blank";sWOChatElement.appendChild(sWOImage);sWOChatElement.onclick=sWOStartChat;
                                if (sWOImage.width == 1) {
                                var cd = document.getElementById('liveHelp');
                                cd.style.visibility = 'hidden'; }
                    }

sWOImageLoaded = sWOImLoadOvr;

if (typeof sWOTrackPage == 'function') sWOTrackPage();

</script>

<!-- End of embedded WhosOn -->

Best Regards,

Daniel James Horton
Technical Manager
Parker Software
pacomelo View Drop Down
New User
New User

Post Options Post Options   Quote pacomelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2014 at 11:37pm
I don't understand the image part.  Do I need to add the image myself?  Is it going to be a holder for the code? Could please provide me details about that?
 Post Reply Post Reply