Parker Software Ltd Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > WhosOn Visitor Tracking & Live Chat > WhosOn General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Error when saving server-based canned response

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New User
New User

Post Options Post Options   Quote Randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Error when saving server-based canned response
    Posted: 06 Apr 2012 at 6:31pm
We are new with WhosOn and all seems to be going pretty well.  We are working on our last bits of customization before going live and have run into a snag with canned responses.

When we open the Edit Canned Responses window everything seems to go well until we press the save button. After a brief moment a box comes up... the box is titled "Canned Response Error" and it contains this message:  "Could not save canned response. An Unspecified Error Occurred"

That's it.  We cannot save any server-based canned responses.

We tried inserting a URL, using plain text, adding skills and selecting those....  Even only creating a subject with no content. 

My user account is an administrator and the permissions inside WhosOn are wide open.

I speculate that it might be a database problem, but I am new to SQL Server and do not know what to look for nor where to look.

Thanks!

edit:  I can add sites, users, and skills with no problem.  Statistical reports are also being generated and mailed with no issues.

edit 2:  I am using the 2012.1.64 client on Windows XP desktop.  The server is Windows Server 2003 with SQLServer  Express.  It was all installed from fresh downloads two weeks ago.

Edited by Randy - 06 Apr 2012 at 7:36pm
Liam View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Liam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2012 at 7:01am
Hello Randy,

The new Canned Response system uses the WhosOn Web Charts to operate. Are these working correctly for yourself? Are you able to log in and view reports in the web charts?

If you are not able to do this, are you presented with an error when attempting to access or log in to the web charts?

If you can do this then it may point to a database update that hasn't performed. Please check the following table in the WhosOn database and ensure that the SkillID field is present - UserCannedResponses. If this is not present then you are safe to add this. It should be called SkillID and it should be an integer and nulls are allowed.

Mobiliz.ca View Drop Down
New User
New User

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mobiliz.ca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2012 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by Liam

If you can do this then it may point to a database update that hasn't performed. Please check the following table in the WhosOn database and ensure that the SkillID field is present - UserCannedResponses. If this is not present then you are safe to add this. It should be called SkillID and it should be an integer and nulls are allowed.

Can you please be more specific? Where do I access that DB?

What code should I put in exactly to debug it?

We're experiencing the same issue...
 Post Reply Post Reply