Parker Software Ltd Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Email2DB Email Parser > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Evaluation - Access to Categories and Flags

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New User
New User

Post Options Post Options   Quote PaulP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Evaluation - Access to Categories and Flags
    Posted: 13 Apr 2012 at 2:25pm
Hi

Doing an evaluation of Email2DB to see if it can be used for a particular problem we have.

Many of the things we need the software to do I have determined are possible but there is one final point that I can't seem to find any reference to.

I would like to be able to access and test the "Category" and "Flag" properties relating to an Outlook mail message in a trigger script. I can see that I can inspect a wide variety of properties e.g. From, To, Subject, Body etc. but can't find whether or not I can access the 2 above.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Paul
PaulP View Drop Down
New User
New User

Post Options Post Options   Quote PaulP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 8:33am
Hi Again

Can no-one help with this? Even if it's simply to say "no that can't be done because email2db doesn't currently give access to those properties" etc.

Really need to know one way or another?

Any help appreciated.
Paul

Stephen View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Stephen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 9:01am
Hi,

If Outlook adds these as Headers in the email then its possible - since you can access all the headers via an Email2DB script.

Email2DB does not have access to the Outlook object itself - it only has access to the mime text.

Steve
PaulP View Drop Down
New User
New User

Post Options Post Options   Quote PaulP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 9:07am
Many thanks Steve for your speedy reply. That all makes sense, I'll investigate the headers then and see what I can find.

Regards
Paul

Post Reply Post Reply