Parker Software Ltd Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ThinkAutomation Business Process Automation > Product Feedback
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

logging per trigger

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New User
New User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmorency Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: logging per trigger
    Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 9:46am
Hi,

I think a good idea would be to have the ability to set logging levels per trigger. That way i can turn up logging for the trigger I am working on that way I don't get extra log entries for the triggers that are working fine.

Beau
parkersoft-jim View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parkersoft-jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 4:26am
The most effective way I find of troubleshooting a message is to find the actual message in your 'View Processed Messages', open it, and then click on the 'Trigger Process Log' button.
bmorency View Drop Down
New User
New User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmorency Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 7:51am
Yes that is a good way to troubleshoot but my suggestion is referring to  how logging works. The setting in the options is global and controls logging for all accounts and triggers.

If it would be possible to set logging per trigger it would cut down on the amount of logging sent to the database.

For example if I am creating or making changes to one trigger I could set it to debug for that trigger only instead of global. Only debug level logs would be sent for the one trigger instead of debug logs for everything in think automation. That could be a lot of extra logging if you have a lot of accounts and or triggers.

Beau
parkersoft-jim View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parkersoft-jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 5:30am
Ah, I understand what you mean now.

Yes unfortunately at the moment debug logging takes affect on all accounts and triggers.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic