Parker Software Ltd Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ThinkAutomation Business Process Automation > Email2DB Version 3
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Emails removed from Oulook Inbox

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New User
New User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MichaelJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Emails removed from Oulook Inbox
    Posted: 03 Oct 2017 at 1:53am
Hello there
I am pretty new in using EMAIL2DB Version 3.1.1263. We have setup 55 triggers with Exchange/IMAP. So on, all works very well. We use it most for attachment processing.

I face now following problem. I have disabled a trigger, because I don't want this mail processed. But the Email is removed from my Outlook inbox with following message:

03.10.2017 08:31:44 Edge Server Read New IMAP Message For Account: Exchange / IMAP, Trigger: No Match, Dated: 03.10.2017 08:31:38, From: .......

I was checking the whole configuration and I didn't found an option to keep messages in the Inbox without treatment.

So I need some help to set up following 'idea':

Mails with active trigger => regular treatment (works fine)
Mails with inactive trigger => remain unread in Outlook (and of course Exchange)
Mails not corresponding to any trigger => removed from Outlook (and Exchange)

Maybe this is not possible like described above, but someone has an idea of a solution close to this.

Thank you very much.

Best regards
MichaelJ
parkersoft-jim View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parkersoft-jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2017 at 2:04am
Did you disable the trigger or the Account?

If you disable the Trigger, if you have any actions set at the Account level (Get Via Email) to move or delete emails these will still take effect.

You need to disable the Account to stop this.
MichaelJ View Drop Down
New User
New User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MichaelJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 2:16am
Hello Jim
I have disabled the trigger. I can not disable the whole account, because the other triggers should still work.

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parkersoft-jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 3:13am
As I said, if you have any actions set at the Account level (Get Via Email) to move or delete emails these will still take effect.You didn't say if this was the case, if it is I would suggest reviewing how you wish to approach the trigger. For example, amending the settings at the account level so they don't move or delete emails.
MichaelJ View Drop Down
New User
New User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MichaelJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 3:31am
So I am sorry. I missunderstood you.

I was checkeing at account level, but I do not find the mentioned options. Do you have some printscreens or hints for me.

I really appreceate your help. Thank you.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parkersoft-jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 1:40am
Below is an article that has screenshots. Look for the checkboxes relating to moving or deleting emails.

http://www.thinkautomation.com/help/from_imap_or_exchange_servers.htm

Edited by parkersoft-jim - 05 Oct 2017 at 1:42am
MichaelJ View Drop Down
New User
New User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MichaelJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 2:06am
Hello thank you for your help. 
The tickbox 'Delete Processed Messages' is empty. So there is now removing in this case. The mails are deleted before they are processed and this is my problem.

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parkersoft-jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 3:23am
Then find out who has access to the mailbox and check any rules on the mailbox to see if they are deleting the emails.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic