Parker Software Ltd Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > WhosOn Live Chat > Hosted Service
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Multiple invitations popping up

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New User
New User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidnizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Multiple invitations popping up
    Posted: 04 Aug 2011 at 6:17pm
Has anyone had a problem with Hosted 2011 invitations (regular or dynamic) popping up multiple times? We're having an issue where a customer clicks on the X to close an invite, and it closes just fine. Several seconds later, another invite pops up without us sending one (sometime two or three times). Have tested with IE9 and Firefox. Any feedback appreciated. We're tempted to stop sending invites.
swhiteman View Drop Down
Expert
Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swhiteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2011 at 9:21pm
I have had many problems with Dynamic Invites that have made the feature extremely untrustworthy, including multiple invites.  

I sent lots of documentation to ParkerSoft and have received word that they may have located a bug/s, but I don't believe there are any fixes out.
davidnizen View Drop Down
New User
New User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidnizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2011 at 9:30pm
Thanks - it's good to know I'm not the only one. We've been sending invites for the last year or so and I've only just received my first complaint. In extensive testing, I see where its happening regularly. I've sent an email to ParkerSoft support, so hopefully I'll hear from them soon.
Daniel View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Technical Director

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daniel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2011 at 10:40am
Sanford - I'm currently testing the patch for the prospect + inviting issue, which I hope will fix the problems you've been having.  The testing on our own data / server is currently going on for this.

David - I think this is a separate problem - the server you are on uses some of our newer load balancing in the gateway / invite serving, and it appears that this has caused a problem with the invites getting re-served.  It has probably only been in place for a week or so on this server.  I'll disable the balancing for now and check into the problem.
Daniel Tallentire
Support
Parker Software
davidnizen View Drop Down
New User
New User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidnizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2011 at 1:30pm
Thanks Daniel. That appears to have fixed the problem for now. On another question, is there a way to specify the behaviour of the standard invite? On dynamic invites, we can specify fade-in, stationary, bounce, etc. But what about the regular invite? Same question with regard to the "close button" dimensions.
Daniel Horton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Technical Support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daniel Horton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2011 at 10:32am
Hi davidnizen,

The behaviour and the close button dimensions are stored within the Invite.js file for your service. They are physically set for both the Default Invite and Text Based Invite. They can be manually modified if your knowledge of JavaScript is advanced and you are able to do so, otherwise I would suggest to use the Dynamic Invites to control the behaviour of your invite messages.

The reference to the invite.js file is stored within the include.js file. This can be seen in your tracking code and requested and download to be viewed in Notepad, Notepad ++ or a web development tool.
Best Regards,

Daniel James Horton

Technical Manager

Parker Software
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic