Parker Software Ltd Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ThinkAutomation Business Process Automation > Product Feedback
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Version Control

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Professional
Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andyj1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Version Control
    Posted: 05 Oct 2012 at 10:51am
We've been using Email2DB for around 18 months and have found it excellent, v3 brings some really good benefits for us.

I've been looking at the latest updates and one observation is that the website isn't being kept up to date with the latest versions.

When we last checked 2 weeks ago and downloaded the current version we were upgraded to v3.0.1070. CHecking the website today the current version is 3.0.1068 so we are actually above the latest version. The release notes are the same and only refer to 3.0.1068

Is it possible to get the website updated routinely when new versions are released so we can check if there are any later patches to apply?

Thanks
Liam View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2012 at 11:18am
Hello andy,

Thank you for your feedback
I have sent this on to our web site team to see what we can do about updating this on a more frequent basis.
andyj1970 View Drop Down
Professional
Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andyj1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2014 at 3:10pm
I've just downloaded what I thought was version 3.2.1325 and the relevant release notes for it dated March 2014.

On installation the package shows it is version 3.2.1330 which doesn't show anywhere on the website. As we are now 5 months on from the version shown, can this be addressed so we know which version we are downloading and the associated release notes provided?

Liam View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2014 at 9:44pm
Hello Andy,

Thank you again for the information, we are looking into how to improve this process in order to prevent disparity in the version numbers in the future.
There aren't any release notes available for the 3.2.1330 - we don't provide release notes for every build, release are generally only produced for significant updates.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic