Parker Software Ltd Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ThinkAutomation Business Process Automation > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Repeating Block Only Getting First Row

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New User
New User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chriscbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Repeating Block Only Getting First Row
    Posted: 10 Apr 2013 at 5:23pm
I'm hoping this question has an easy answer.

I have data in an email that I'm trying to parse and enter into a MySql DB.  The data before and after the repeating block is stored correctly, and the first row of the repeating block is stored, but no subsequent rows.

Here is an example of the repeating block:

---

Item: 200x Donation Default Title - Unlisted-Hidden for $0.01 - (sku: 000-001-001) - order: #1055

Item: 1x Portable Lounge Chair ($150 Donation) Navy - Trails Edge Camp for $150.00 - (sku: 005-150-003) - order: #1055

---

The row that does get inserted into the DB is inserted correctly; just can't get it to do more than one row.

Can anyone shed some light on this? 
curveball View Drop Down
New User
New User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curveball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2013 at 2:46am
Hi

The sample showing in your post suggests that there is an empty line between lines of data.  If this is the case, that could be your problem.  From my experience, you should strip out those empty lines before attempting to parse the data.

All the best.
Life is a cliff to hang from not a chair to sit on.
chriscbs View Drop Down
New User
New User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chriscbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2013 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by curveball curveball wrote:

Hi

The sample showing in your post suggests that there is an empty line between lines of data.  If this is the case, that could be your problem.  From my experience, you should strip out those empty lines before attempting to parse the data.

All the best.
Thanks for the reply.  I actually tried it without the space first and it didn't work.

The example in the help documentation shows it with a space, so I tried that too, to no avail.

Anything else I should try?
curveball View Drop Down
New User
New User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curveball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2013 at 2:30am
Hi

We might need a few more details. 

How many steps do you have in your trigger? One of these should have the setting "Is Repeating Block" set to true.

On the Extract Data tab of that same step, which option are you using?

And on the last field of the step which parses the CSV data, is the Until End of Line option checked on the Extract Data tab.

In my accounts which parse CSV data these two questions relate to different steps - this may not be the case for you.  My CSV data is contained in a CSV file attached to the email and just to make life a bit trickier I also have text to read out of the body.  Thus, to get my extraction working I had to have three chained steps.

Cheers
Life is a cliff to hang from not a chair to sit on.
Liam View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2013 at 8:44am
Hello Chris,

I have moved this post to the Email2DB forum.

I would recommend using the "Submit Support Ticket" button from inside Email2DB, this will send a copy of your accounts and triggers to our technical support team. We can then review your setup and hopefully find what is going wrong for you.
If you could also email an example of a full email that you are wanting to extract from to support@parker-software.com this will help with the investigation.

General Repeating block troubleshooting:
With repeating blocks the best way to check that it is setup correctly would be to go into the Field extraction, uncheck the "Is Repeating Block" option then only one block should be highlighted.
If at this stage one block is not highlighted then your Field extraction isn't setup correctly, I would review your field extraction to ensure that only one block of data is highlighted.

Then once you have one block highlighted, check "Is Repeating Block" and all of the data you want (every block) should be highlighted. If it is not then you may need to review your Field Extraction again to see what you might have missed.
chriscbs View Drop Down
New User
New User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chriscbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2013 at 11:43pm
Liam you're a genius.

I played around with checking and unchecking the "Is Repeating Block" option, and as you suggested, when it was unchecked, a single line of the repeating block was not highlighted.

Once I sorted that out everything worked great.  Thanks so much.

Curveball:  Thank you for your help too!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic